Partnership Event: Tomorrow's Leadership
Tuesday, 23 March 2010
08:30 - 11:00
The Work Foundation, 21 Palmer Street, SW1H 0AD
This event took place at The Work Foundation on 23 March 2010.
The expert panel were:
- Will Hutton, Executive Vice Chair, The Work Foundation (chair)
- Peter Cheese, former Global Head of Talent and Organisation, Accenture
- Dame Mary Marsh, Director, Clore Social Leadership Programme
- Ruth Spellman, Chief Executive, Chartered Management Institute
- Penny Tamkin, Associate Director, The Work Foundation
Is the financial crisis a sign of the failure of leadership? Are there other signs too that leadership is profoundly diminished and weakened at this current time?
This event attempted to answer these questions and more and also gave partners the opportunity to step back and reflect on their organisation’s approach to leadership and ask whether recent events have implications for their approach.
Some of the questions that were asked:
- Our latest research shows that outstanding leaders understand that ethics, honesty and integrity are important for sustainable high performance in organisations, so how does this stack with the sustained challenges to the calibre of many key leaders in key roles?
- How can we have outstanding leaders who embed integrity into their teams, their units, their work, whilst we also have signs of a relative disregard for values and purpose?
- Is it time to take stock of what we expect of leaders, of how we develop them, of how we determine their quality?
For more information about future partner events, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This event is exclusively for partners of The Work Foundation and there is no fee to attend.
To reserve your place on this event, please email partnership team and include your name, company, job title, email address and telephone number.
Back to forthcoming