Post-Budget Breakfast Briefing
Wednesday, 23 June 2010
08:30 - 10:30
The Work Foundation, 21 Palmer Street, SW1H 0AD
Following the revelations of the Budget on 22 June 2010, this special short notice post-Budget Briefing event offered attendees the chance to hear The Work Foundation’s response to the Budget and its likely impact on jobs, growth and business and to put questions to the speakers.
- Will Hutton, Executive Vice Chair, The Work Foundation
- Ian Brinkley, Programme Director- Knowledge Economy, The Work Foundation
Key points from The Work Foundation’s response were:
- The government has to simultaneously solve two problems:
o Tackling the deficit;
o New sources of growth, innovation, exports and jobs;
- The Budget is strong on tackling the deficit but weak on the sources of growth;
- The pace, scale and regional distribution of public sector job cuts are a major influence on whether the OBR unemployment forecasts can be met;
- The government is due to produce a series of White Papers over the summer and the CSR will have to fill the gap.
For more information about future events, please contact Nina Gryf at email@example.com or call her on 020 7976 3505.
Back to forthcoming