Employment Law Seminar: Sickness absence, disability and Fit Notes
Tuesday, 04 October 2011
09:00 - 12:00
The Work Foundation, 21 Palmer Street, London SW1H 0AD
Most employment lawyers will tell you that the single topic on which they are most often asked for advice will involve sickness absence. With 150 million days lost to sickness absence every year, the Government has also called for a major review of the sickness absence system in the UK, due to report in the autumn. The whole area is a minefield.
This session combined The Work Foundation’s research and expertise in this area with a thorough review of the latest legal developments in relation to sickness absence and workplace stress from the law firm, McGrigors.
Questions covered included:
Each session included an informative presentation from McGrigors as well as interactive discussions to illustrate the practical implications of the latest legal developments.
- What impact could the Independent Sickness Absence Review have on employers?
- How should employers deal with sickness absence?
- How can employers take proactive steps to reduce rates of absence?
- What claims might a sick employee bring?
- How is the "Fit Note" system working?
- How will disability discrimination law affect the real world of the workplace?
This event is exclusively for partners of The Work Foundation
Back to forthcoming