Understanding the 'deal' - a framework for a healthy employment relationship
Monday, 15 November 2010
17:30 - 19:00
The Work Foundation, 21 Palmer Street, London SW1H 0AD
Partnership Workshop: The launch of the fourth and final report from the Future of HR programme
Who should attend?
All those with an interest in people management
How employees value the deal offered by the employer is fundamental to sustaining the employment relationship. Who, for the employee, is the employer? How do employees weight and value the offer? What matters to them when the deal inevitably has to change? What sustains and breaks the employment deal?
The Future of HR programme has in the past two years drawn on the psychological contract literature and on 140 interviews on employees in 6 large private and public sector organisations to better understand the dynamics of the employee side of the deal. We’ve distilled much of the learning into a Deal Framework which describes the facets of the deal that matter to employees and their strategies for sustaining the employment relationship. We’ve road-tested and refined the framework with our sponsors and at a European conference. The Deal Framework is at one level a useful reflective tool for improving the conversations around change management but there are implications for the Employee Value Proposition and the approaches to talent management.
Join us at this launch event to hear the key findings from the fourth and final research paper, and experience using the framework to reflect on your employment deal.
Questions to be covered include:
- What aspects of the deal matter to employees, what’s the ‘give’ and the ‘get’? What happens when the ‘get’ has to change? Can you sustain the deal? When is the relationship over?
- What are the implications for the key players in people management – HR, leaders and line managers?
- Katy Dent, HR director, Arts Council England
- Paul Sparrow, professor of international human resource management, Lancaster University Management School
- Stephen Bevan, managing director, The Work Foundation
- Wilson Wong, senior researcher, The Work Foundation
This event is exclusively for partners with The Work Foundation and there is no fee to attend.
To reserve your place on this event, please email email@example.com and include your name, company, job title, email address and telephone number.
Back to forthcoming