Conservative Party Conference: Innovate or Fail – UK’s only route to recovery, growth and prosperity
Monday, 03 October 2011
08:15 - 09:30
French Suite, The Midland, Manchester
- Will Hutton (chair), Chair of the Big Innovation Centre
- Professor Birgitte Andersen, Director of the Big Innovation Centre
- Rt Hon David Willetts MP, Minister of State for Universities and Science at the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
- Mark Littlewood, Director General of the Institute for Economic Affairs
- Libby Hackett, Director of University Alliance
Innovation has been heralded as the golden ticket for economic growth and prosperity in the UK, providing a radical set of solutions after a period of intense financial crisis.
But what do we mean by innovation? And what are the practical solutions that it can afford? This debate brought together leading figures to explore the nature of the UK’s "innovation eco-system", looking at finance, higher education, skills and growth sectors and what the government can do to create the set of intermediary institutions the UK needs for a true Age of Innovation.
Back to forthcoming