Harnessing Innovation: Creating Competitive Edge
Tuesday, 28 October 2008
08:00 - 17:00
21 Palmer Street, London
Whilst innovation is seen as a route to competitive advantage, most people do not have experience of clearly defined innovation processes. This workshop brings together a structured approach to innovation that can help you respond to changing and increasingly complex consumer demands. The techniques used will help you become more successful at achieving those breakthrough ideas that can be applied back into your organisation.
By learning more about the innovation best practices from Laszlo Gyorffy’s experience working at – and with – some of the most innovative companies in the world, including Toyota, BBC, IDEO, SRI International and Egmont, you will be ready to make a difference to your own organisation.
- The Apex Organisation and the Experiential Economy
During the workshop Will Hutton, Executive Vice Chairman of The Work Foundation, will present our ‘Apex Organisation’ model in the context of the experiential economy. The model demonstrates how demand has changed as customers have become more affluent, educated and aspirational, and are now seeking ‘experiences’ instead of merely shopping for ‘products’. The model also illustrates how this shapes the way in which organisations must respond.
- Exponential Change and the Digital Era
Laszlo Gyorffy will demonstrate how demand is being shaped by the exponential growth of transformative technology, how consumer preferences are becoming increasingly complex and what this means for the future.
- Rapid Idea Improvement Session (RIIS)
This concept has been one of the most important innovation best practices. A RIIS provides a forum for exploring and optimising the value of new ideas through free-flowing, cross disciplinary dialogue. Rapid Idea Improvement Sessions offer innovators a way to access the genius of their colleagues, enhance organisational transparency, and guide the flow of resources. Participants in the workshop will experience a RIIS and have the opportunity to work on innovative ideas that could drive their organisation’s growth.
The Workshop Will Give You:
- An understanding of how today’s customer is being transformed and the practical implications this has for the value propositions you and your company must offer.
- The opportunity to integrate theory and practice through the application of innovation best practices to your own projects.
- Questioning techniques enabling you to become better skilled at evaluating the quality of a new idea.
- Tools and techniques for developing your ideas to their full potential. <br>
- A proven method for dramatically increasing the chance of your idea being accepted.
- A compelling case study of how one company – the BBC – has applied this discipline successfully.
- The opportunity to build relationships and work collaboratively with individuals from some of Britain’s finest organisations.
Who Should Attend?
Executives, directors, managers, and entrepreneurs who are ready to make a difference in their organisation.
£900 plus VAT for partners of The Work Foundation
£1,000 plus VAT for non-partners
Discounts available for multiple bookings
Download our full brochure here (pdf 379kb)
Download our booking form here (pdf 138kb.
For further information, please contact Fiona Pandit.
Tel: 020 7976 3561
Back to forthcoming