Partner Workshop: Designing and delivering an employee relations strategy
Thursday, 04 March 2010
08:30 - 11:00
The Work Foundation, 21 Palmer Street, SW1H OAD
Embedding Good Work in Organisational Change:
Designing and Delivering an Employee Relations Strategy
- Stephen Gaskell, global head of employee and industrial relations, BP
- Will Hutton, executive vice-chair, The Work Foundation
Employee relations is one of the big issues of modern work. This event, part of the Embedding Good Work in Organisational Change series, is based on The Work Foundation’s contribution to the search for an employee relations approach that is conducive to high performance and to improving the quality of working life.
Stephen Gaskell, current global head of employee and industrial relations for BP, will talk about instigating change in employee relations – the in-depth thinking, the ability to influence decision makers, and the flexibility and versatility that are required to keep stakeholders aligned to a strong vision over time and to respond to the multiplicity of changing circumstances that are part of all modern organisations.
Will Hutton will discuss his work with BP, in particular:
- How to equip those tasked with employee relations to take a strong stance in changing employee relations in the organisation;
- How to use performance data to unlock fundamental changes in industrial relations;
- How to develop practical change strategies to enable the shift from adversarial to collaborative industrial relations.
Who should attend?
- Directors of Strategy
- Heads of Employee and Industrial Relations
- Those with an interest in improving employee relations.
Why should people attend?
This event provides the forum where organisations can hear about exceptional applications of Good Work in real-time practice, to engage in lively debate around the issues, to learn from other organisations, and to benchmark their own practices and ideas against what others are doing in today’s challenging change situations.
This event is exclusively for partners of The Work Foundation and there is no fee to attend.
To reserve your place on this event, please email partnership team and include your name, company, job title, email address and telephone number.
Back to forthcoming