Budget must target high growth firms to maximise growth and reduce unemployment
17 March 2011
Notes to editors:
- Ready, Steady, Grow? How the government can support the development of more high growth firms by Charles Levy, Neil Lee and Annie Peate is available at www.theworkfoundation.com on publication and from the media team in advance.
- Neil Lee and Charles Levy are available for interviews and briefings.
- The report is a joint release from The Work Foundation’s programmes on the Knowledge Economy, which is sponsored by BAE Systems, British Council, Design Council, EDF Energy, IPA, Microsoft, NESTA, Rolls-Royce and the Technology Strategy Board and Cities 2020, sponsored by HEFCE, Bristol City Council, fdf and the University of Essex.
- The report launch event will take place on March 21 at 4pm at the Palace of Westminster and will feature addresses from speakers including David Frost CBE, Director General of the British Chambers of Commerce. To book a place on this event, contact Tom Phillips (details below).
- The Work Foundation is the leading independent authority on work and its future. It aims to improve the quality of working life and the effectiveness of organisations by equipping leaders, policymakers and opinion-formers with evidence, advice, new thinking and networks. In October 2010, Lancaster University acquired The Work Foundation, forming a new alliance that will enable both organisations to further enhance their impact.