Backing knowledge economy the only way to prevent another financial crisis
29 June 2011
Notes to editors
- The report will be launched at a parliamentary event on June 29 which will feature speeches from Rt Hon Vince Cable MP, Adrian Bailey MP, Vicky Pryce, Senior Managing Director – Economics, FTI Consulting, Will Hutton and Charles Levy, senior researcher and author of the report. For further details, contact the press team on the below number.
- A plan for growth in the knowledge economy by Charles Levy, Andrew Sissons and Charlotte Holloway is available at www.theworkfoundation.com on publication and from the media team in advance.
- Charles Levy and Andrew Sissons are available for interviews, briefings and written commentary.
- The report is part of the Knowledge Economy research programme which is sponsored by BAE Systems, British Council, Design Council, EDF Energy, IPA, Microsoft, NESTA, Rolls-Royce and the Technology Strategy Board.
- The Work Foundation is the leading independent authority on work and its future. It aims to improve the quality of working life and the effectiveness of organisations by equipping leaders, policymakers and opinion-formers with evidence, advice, new thinking and networks. In October 2010, Lancaster University acquired The Work Foundation, forming a new alliance that enables both organisations to further enhance their impact.