Workworld Media Awards 2012
Now in their 25th year, the Workworld Media Awards are the pioneers of specialist business journalism awards. Respected by journalists for their independence and peer-reviewed decisions, they seek to celebrate the the sharpest writing, the most knowledgeable reporting and the most imaginative broadcasting. Based on the decisions of a highly distinguished panel of judges, the awards culminate in a glittering awards ceremony attended by top names from the industry and a high profile keynote speaker.
With this year marking a quarter of a century of the WorkWorld Awards, we are looking for a leading national brand to work with – one that shares our belief in the need for good work and promoting strategies that create more jobs and sustainable growth for the UK economy.
The Young Journalist Award
To mark the 25th year of honouring the best journalistic talent in our field there is a special new award for which we are seeking sponsorship support from an organisation interested in championing new, emerging talent.
With a stagnant economy, soaring youth unemployment and a media industry facing tough financial pressures , it is now harder than ever for budding young journalists to break into the industry. The Young Journalist Award will recognise the potential of one young journalist who, in the judges’ opinion, shows considerably promising talent worth nurturing.
This award will provide financial support to help develop the winner’s journalistic skills while they are in work experience or freelancing. The aim is to also help make key players within the journalism industry aware of their potential.
Key benefits of sponsorship
- Full branding and acknowledgement on marketing literature and website
- Slot on Awards night for sponsor to present their involvement in the project which could be used as a platform for a key announcement
- Bespoke design for award to Young Journalist Award with sponsor branding incorporated
- Gathering of top UK journalists and editors who cover business, economics and management issues all in one place
- A place on the distinguished panel of judges from the media, business and voluntary sector
- The chance to influence the choice of the high-profile guest speaker
"EDF Energy is delighted to sponsor the Workworld Media Awards, which builds on our ongoing support of excellence in journalism and our relationship with The Work Foundation. Media and business have a vital role to play in raising awareness and setting the scene for our long term sustainable future. That is why it is so important the Workworld Media Awards recognise good journalism in this area."
Vincent de Rivaz, CEO, EDF Energy (sponsor of the 23rd and 24th Awards)