Future of HR
The Work Foundation’s vision is 'good work for all', where the quality of working life and the effectiveness of organisations converge. The practice of good work is manifest at several levels in 'the deal'.
What is 'the deal'?
At the level of exchange, employees expect fair reward, perquisites and a safe, secure work environment as consideration for their mental and physical outputs. Much of this is managed by HR as part of compliance. What sustains the deal is more often psychological. The employee’s perception of their deal is often unclear and unsaid, yet crucial to the sustenance of a healthy employer-employee relationship.
The research at The Work Foundation examines the:
- complex interplay between the evident (eg rewards)
- unsaid (eg employee expectations and aspirations)
- drivers shaping the future of work (eg technology, globalisation/localism)
- important touchstones for effective leadership
- skills required for competent line management
- knowledge to build capabilities strategically.